Thank you for choosing Edinburgh City Pads for your online serviced apartment reservation.
Edinburgh City Pads is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Edinburgh City Pads may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22/02/11.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name, telephone number and address ( home and/or business)
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• credit card details ( including the holders name) CVC code and expiry date.
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In order to protect and safeguard the personal data provided to us, we have implemented and use appropriate business systems and procedures. For example, your credit card information is transmitted to us through a secure server protocol, which encrypts all your personal and credit card details. The encryption method used is the industry standard "Secure Socket Layer" (SSL) technology. Our SSL certificate has been issued by COMODO CA Limited. Furthermore, we have implemented and use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using personal information. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information for performing their duties in respect of our services.
Our server and network are protected by firewalls against unauthorized access and we have intrusion detection systems that monitor and detect unauthorized (attempts to) access to or misuse of our servers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Edinburgh City Pads, 9 Lister Square, Edinburgh, EH3 9GL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are entitled to change how we collect, transmit and process the personal information and such information we deem necessary and the privacy statement may be amended accordingly.
If you wish to subscribe for our newsletter or wish to receive other information from us (in respect of our, our affiliated companies' or business partners' products or services), we offer you the option to "Opt in" for this service. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and other promotional communications, you can simply click on the unsubscribe link or reply (with "unsubscribe" in the subject line).
Visitor's registration and "cookies": For (improvement of) our service and product, we use (temporary and persistent) cookies to track browsing behavior and monitor and record the visits and use of our website(s). Cookies are text files stored at your computer, either temporary or persistent on your hard drive. Cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking (state maintenance), and maintaining specific information about the users of our website, such as site preferences or the contents of their electronic shopping carts. Furthermore, we will record your IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP) for fraud, misuse and criminal investigation purposes.